In any case, in brief, here are the aims, in no particular order:
- reject any traditions that offend my feminist ideals (I ain't no object to be passed from one man to another, thanks very much!)
- not spend a ridiculous amount of money
- round up close but far-flung friends to spend time with them
- have an above life-average amount of fun in the preparation and execution
- and a below life-average amount of stress and fighting
- reflect us as individuals and as a couple and not what other people think and/or want
- all while not permanently offending or being a source of snide remarks from extended family for the rest of our lives.
I'll add more as I think of them.